Monday, August 26, 2013

Review: Root2Tip Triple M Miracle Moisture Milk

Hello hello hello everyone! How's it going? Everyone enjoying the summer? For once English weather has been behaving and we've had quite a bit of sun, albeit interrupted once in a while by the odd shower. My hair has been ok, not been doing much with it since my anniversary. This is because, I finally had successful pipe cleaner curls!! But, that's not what today's post is about. It's time for my long promised review of the Triple M Miracle Moisture Milk. 
Source

As you may or may not remember, I acquired this product from Curlvolution earlier this year. To be honest this was not the product I was originally interested in. However, after discussing my hair needs with the founder, this was what she suggested. According to her, this is a big hit with loc wearers who buy her products. Thus, I went with it. The website describes the product as a light creme leave in that eliminates frizz and leaves your hair hydrated with no residue or build-up. The ingredients are as follows: Aqua, Olea Europaea (Olive)Fruit Oil,Simmonsia Chinensis,(Jojoba) Seed Oil,Vitis vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Riccinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Glycerine, Phonoxyethanol (And) Chlorphenisin, Parfum, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride. So I've been using this product on and off since I bought it and here is my take. 

True to its word, the Milk is extremely light. Initially I was a little bit worried because it's white (the whole milk theme?), making me wary. There was no need to worry though because it is not thick and disappears after being worked into the hair. Being so light, distribution may be and issue and you may find white spots in your hair where you applied too much. To combat this I found it easier (even if a bit messier) to pour a little product into my hands, rub together and apply to my locs. Honestly, it does take a little manoeuvring not to spill the milk but once you've ascertained how much you need and perfected your method, it'll be alright.  I also found that with this product, you do need a little more time for application; take time to separate your locs into sections (doesn't have to be many, 4-6 will do) and really rub it in. On the bottle it describes the Milk as being a daily moisturiser and that is really what it is. You know I like my hair to feel good for a few days after product application. If that is what you are looking for, this is not it. Nonetheless, my hair does feel moisturised when I use it and the feeling last for about a day and a half. I have typically used the Milk after about a week post wash when I haven't been misting or anything and my hair needs a pick me up. For that purpose, it's great. Being fairly runny, I found that I'm using more than I would like of it. At £10.49 per bottle, it's a tad expensive for me. If money is not an issue for you, this is a product worth checking out. You can order it online or find it in PAKs and a few other stores around the UK. I would give this product 4/5. Not bad hey?

Finito. You lot know I keep my product reviews short and sweet lol. Have any of you tried the Moisture Milk? If so, let me know your experiences! Until next time. Toodles! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment